Transfer Credits to WCC

Transfer to WCC

If you want to earn a degree from WCC, we make it easy for you to transfer your credit from college-level courses completed at other colleges or universities.


Here are some important things to know:

  • In order to transfer credits directly to WCC, an institution must be a college or university that is accredited by one of the accrediting Commissions and Associations listed below:
    • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
    • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
    • The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    • The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
    • Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities WASC (ACSCU)
    • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges WASC (ACCJC)
  • Courses with a grade lower than a 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale will not be accepted for transfer.
  • Courses without a standard letter or numerical grade may be accepted to transfer only if it can be documented that the grade represents competency at a 2.0 grade level.
  • Remedial or developmental courses are not considered college level and do not transfer.
  • WCC will only transfer college level coursework. Washtenaw Community College will determine if the course is college level.
  • Courses will not be transferred in for those students who are non-degree seeking.
  • Courses which are not directly comparable with a WCC course may be posted as an elective in the appropriate discipline.

Your official transcript

WCC considers your transcript official if it is received in one of the follow manners:

  • Sent electronically from your previous institution or an electronic transcript service that they use.
  • Mailed directly to the WCC Student Records Office from the issuing institution.
  • In a sealed envelope from your issuing institution.

If the official transcript is sent to you in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution, do not open it. Bring or mail the sealed envelope to the Student Records Office.

Mail all official transcripts to:
Washtenaw Community College
Student Records
4800 East Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4800

All transcripts submitted to WCC for evaluation become the property of WCC.

Please note:

  • We will only evaluate official transcripts for transfer credit. Transcripts that are not received in one of the above methods are considered unofficial transcripts and can be used by our office to ensure that you have met any prerequisites for the classes you are taking.
  • Credits that appear on an incoming transcript will be considered for transfer only if they indicate coursework that has been completed at the issuing institution. Test scores, prior learning credits, study abroad coursework and coursework completed at other institutions that may be listed on the transcript will not be concerned for transfer.
  • If coursework was completed at several institutions, an official transcript must be received from each institution.

You will receive notification once the transcript is received and when the evaluation has been completed.

Transfer Equivalencies

The Michigan Transfer Network (MTN) allows students to view transfer course equivalencies with other participating Michigan colleges and universities. Visit MTN to see how your classes transfer to WCC. If your school and/or course equivalencies are not listed, please contact us at for assistance.

International Transcripts

You can convert your international education credentials (grades, educational experiences, and levels of study) to equivalent credit in the United States. To start this process, contact one of the members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) and request a course-specific evaluation. WCC must receive a NACES evaluation report, directly from the NACES member in order for the transcript to be official. The Transcript Evaluation Department will transfer any credits that are requirements for the program indicated on your application.

Prior Learning

If you are a student with previous education, or skills from training or work experience, you may be eligible to receive credit through testing, portfolio review, or other means. Learn more about getting prior learning credit.

Take the
Next Step