If you audit a class, you must still pay full price for the class. You will not receive credit for the class; however, the class will be included on your transcript with an "AU".
How to Audit a Class
To audit a class, register and pay for that class following the established registration procedures and then follow the additional steps outlined here.
- Before the Last Day to Change Credit or Audit Status:
- After the Last Day to Change Credit or Audit Status:
- You may request an audit from the instructor as a final grade, but approval is entirely up to the instructor.
- Instructors are not required to grant audits as a final grade.
Winter 2022 Session Information
|Session Begins With||Session||Begin Date||Last Day to Drop||Last Day to Add||Last Day to Audit||Last Day to Withdraw||End Date|
|Number||15 weeks||Jan 10||Jan 29||Feb 1||Feb 1||Mar 11||May 2|
||1st 5 weeks||Jan 10||Jan 22||Jan 25||Jan 25||Feb 4||Feb 14|
|J||1st 6 weeks||Jan 10||Jan 24||Jan 27||Jan 27||Feb 7||Feb 21|
|A, B, E||1st 7.5 weeks||Jan 10||Jan 25||Jan 28||Jan 28||Feb 12||Mar 2|
|F, G||1st 10 weeks||Jan 10||Jan 27||Jan 30||Jan 30||Feb 21||Mar 27|
|W||1st 12 weeks||Jan 10||Jan 29||Feb 1||Feb 1||Feb 28||Apr 10|
|Y||2nd 12 weeks||Feb 1||Feb 10||Feb 14||Feb 14||Mar 21||May 2|
|S||2nd 5 weeks||Feb 15||Feb 19||Feb 22||Feb 22||Mar 4||Mar 27|
|K||2nd 6 weeks
||Feb 22||Feb 28||Mar 3||Mar 3||Mar 21||Apr 11|
|N, P||2nd 10 weeks||Feb 15||Feb 24||Feb 28||Feb 28||Mar 28||May 2|
|H, L||2nd 7.5 weeks||Mar 3||Mar 16||Mar 19||Mar 19||Apr 4||May 2|
|U||3rd 5 weeks||Mar 28||Apr 1||Apr 4||Apr 4||Apr 14||May 2|
- Online classes (sections starting with D) and Blended classes (sections starting with M) have various deadlines. Check class start and end dates to see where it fits in the chart.
- CRN: Course Reference Number
- WCC has some sessions that are shorter than the full semester. These shorter sessions are sometimes called Parts of Term. They may start at the same time as the full-semester session or later in the semester. Each session has its own registration and refund deadlines.
- The section column of the class schedule will provide the key to when your session begins and ends. The sections begin with a letter of the alphabet. The chart will help you determine when your session begins and ends.
- An "X" in the course Section indicates that the course is held at a location other than the main campus. Make sure the class listed on your schedule is in the location you want!
- Blended classes (sections starting with M) require campus attendance at specified dates and times, in addition to online work. Check the note under the course title in the class listings for on-campus meeting times.
- Blended classes (sections starting with M) and Distance Learning classes (sections starting with D) have various deadlines. Check the class start and end dates in the class schedule.
- Classes may not be offered in all sessions listed here. There may be only a few classes offered in the shorter sessions.